I’ll post a picture soon. I am trying testing this recipe tonight.
Caramel Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Hard Bourbon Sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 2 (15-oz.) cans pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-oz.) French bread loaf, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) bourbon
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped toasted pecans
- 1. Prepare Bread Puddings: Whisk together eggs and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended. Add bread pieces, stirring to thoroughly coat. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. Spoon chilled bread mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes.
4. During last 15 minutes of baking, prepare Caramel-Pecan Sauce
- Heat pecans in a medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 5. Cook brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans.
- 6. Remove bread puddings from oven; drizzle with Caramel-Pecan Sauce. Bake 5 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly heated and begins to bubble.
- Optional Hard bourbon Pecan Sauce
- You can use this instead of the Caramel Sauce.
- In a bowl, whisk the remaining butter with the confectioners' sugar, bourbon, and pecans. Serve the pudding with the sauce.
Before The Paint Dries http://beforethepaintdries.com/